Sunday, December 26, 2010

The diagnosis


The tests  came back and it is malignant. It is the doctor speaking. I look at my daughter, Irene. It is cancer! What a sentence – a death sentence!!
I am alone at home. It is night! Everything is black around me! I have cancer – pitch black and bitter like gall or aloes in Afrikaans galbitter.
Pikswart en galbitter!. I have never in all my 73 years given one thought about cancer. I never considered the possibility that I could get cancer.  Daphne’s sister Esther told me that when they told her that she has cancer she said that her God is greater than cancer. And I pray, Lord God Almighty, I place my life in your hands. I asked for healing complete healing of cancer. Jesus died on the cross so that I can be healed.  
What is cancer then Cancer can be defined as any malignant growth or tumour caused by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division; it may spread to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system or the blood stream. Mine is through the lymphatic system.
What is breast cancer? From the Internet) To begin with, each breast is made up of glands, ducts (thin tubes) and fatty tissue. Groups of glands that produce milk are called lobules. Milk is transported from the lobules to the nipple through a network of ducts. Fatty tissue surrounds the lobules and ducts to protect them. When the DNA from a cell in one of these areas is damaged or changed and grows out of control, a malignant tumour may form. This is breast cancer.
The most common types of breast cancer starts in the ducts
(ductal carcinoma). This is the cancer in my body.
This cancer situation is a very humbling expersience. I don’t always know who I am. This strong woman, with a passion for children, has cancer. I am so weak and vulnerable.

I received a word from a prophet. As Jacob fought against the Angel, so must I fight against the cancer. Gen 32 verses 25, 26. That night Jacob went off by himself to think of the things he had done in the past. While he was alone, a man came and wrestled with him until the break of day. Then Jacob learned that the man he had wrestled with was an angel of God. The angel said to Jacob. "Because you have accepted the challenge to fight and have not given up, you have earned God's favour." Then the angel changed Jacob's name to Israel, a name meaning "He who struggles with God" or "The Reliable One."  Johan Janse van Rensburg, prayed for me, a whole night long and he received the abovementioned verse for me.
So, I will not give up, I will fight with my hand in Jesus hand and clinging to God’s leg. I have so many people in South Africa praying for me, I have so very many people in The Netherlands and also in Spain praying for me and lighting candles for me. Anneke is even coming over to visit me. My son Dirk came from Australia. I have all my children here visiting me.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment