Sunday, March 18, 2012

Parenting and disciplining at the Thamsanqa Cluster Foster Homes.

Please read my previous article and comment if you would.  My wish is that we will be able to lead (caoch) the foster mothers into grace-filled parenting. We do our utmost best to give to the children a safe home. What I also realise is the importance of discipline and boundaries. I firmly believe that children should be brought up without scream or shout. We have few rules and the child who does not stick to the rules will know what the conbsequences are -  no pocket money, no TV, no outing etc. etc.
It is a process to teach the foster mothers as there are things that she must unlearn and then she must be taught about consequences. 
This idea of a safe haven that I wrote about in my previous article, this is what the Thamsanqa Cluster Foster Homes are all about - a place where children can be children, where children laugh and play. The Dutch volunteers are such a great help in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment