Sunday, June 19, 2011

Significance



Wondering what message I could give to fathers on Father's day I found a parenting course that I presented 10 years ago. And I quote a few statements that I made:
Father and mother I want to remind you of what Albert Schweizer said  " I do not know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: The only ones among you that will really be happy are those who sought and found how to serve "  What a statement!!   We always talk about the wonderful Be More volunteers who come and serve and give to Thamsanqa. I am so blessed by our volunteers who really know how to serve.  They are such an example to me.
But that day I said fathers and mothers be servants.
I talked about the importance of serving others but to start in your own home. Another interesting question I asked them was:  are you on your way from survival -to stability - to success - to significance?
I believe that helping and serving  others is the most significant contribution anyone can make in life -  serving  your family members first and then helping them toserve others. Significance in the family means rallying over a family member now in need.  Significance in the family is where all is so well in your family that you can reach out to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment