Friday, February 4, 2011

Wednesday at the hospital

Wednesday morning when my daughter Irene drove me to the hospital, I was not feeling too well after a week of being in high spirits and feeling very well. . I was lightheaded with a bit of  a cough and I was wondering whether I should have Chemo like Dirk taught me the correct English pronunciation Keemo-.  The drawing of the blood was very easy  so I took my file to the Chemo section early. I was the second one in the que. Myself and the first one went up together. The young woman with me is 34. She had cancer in her one eye when she was a baby and was 33 years clean and now she is back with breast cancer.  They called her very soon  and she went in for her chemo, I chatted with the new one now sitting next to me. At 9h30 they came to tell us two that our blood tests have not come yet. I then knew that there are problems. A few other were also sent back. Finally we heard the outome. The old story for me, my white blood cell count was too low but doctor said they must quickly weigh me. The sister fiddled with the scale again and again. I had to get off and on again. Then she said to me you have lost eight kilos. I thought they would be glad as every time they askme I must loose weight. I told her about the pdroblems with my stomach that I had after the previous chemo. You must stay within the diet, dont strain yourself and stay in bed on Tuesday and we hope that you will then have your chemo next Wednesday.  That is the second last.
I phoned Louise to come and fetch me. While I was waiting for her I sat reading and praying and God gave me this wonderful scripture Deuteronomy 30 verses 19 to 20.
I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days: and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to give to them .
It blessed me tremendously . And enabled me to go on. I will just cling to Him. He is my healer!!!

1 comment:

  1. O Tia, I wish you all the best! Hopefully wednesday you are able to have the chemo. Take good care of yourself and get well soon!
    I didn't leave much comments, but i read all your blogs and the emails Anneke have send me.

    Love, Yvonne (with the dreadlocks, from the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete